WHAT IS A METABOLIC TEST?
Metabolic testing is an accurate 5-minute breathing test that instantly displays your personal results. It measures the following:
• Your personal Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
• Your rate of fat and glucose burning
• How efficient your body is at producing energy
• The effect your diet has on your metabolism
WHAT IS A RESTING METABOLIC RATE (RMR)?
An RMR is unique to each person and tells you how many calories, on a daily basis, your body uses in order to function whilst at rest. The advantage of knowing this rate takes out all the guesswork when it comes to your personal nutritional needs by calculating the amount of calories that you should be consuming per day whether your goal is to lose weight, gain weight or maintain weight.
There are two types of fuel the body uses for its energy source to keep you moving daily. These fuels are fats and glucose, often referred to as fat burning or glucose burning. After each metabolic test, results will show if you are burning fat, glucose or both for energy and at what percentage. This is important to know in order to assist in improving dietary lifestyle choices to achieve your goals whether it is for weight/fat loss, increasing muscle mass or maintaining your body weight.
WHO SHOULD GET A METABOLIC TEST?
• People who want to accelerate their weight loss or who find it difficult
• People who are looking to gain muscle through proper nutrition
• To learn your own metabolic rate (how many calories you need to consumer per day)